Monday, September 29, 2008






Felting!!..........we are up and running with the first felting training morning for those who want to learn how to use the machinery set for the morning of the 15th October. This will be FREE!!!
In the pics you can see we now have guards around the carder as there are lots of running parts that could be dangerous un guarded.............no h&s when it was built! Felting courses will follow with the first being on the 16th when participants will be able to take home a huge bit of felt of their own design.

The felting table is wonderful and big rectangles are very quick to make.................approx 30 minutes in total! The whole kit is available for hire from £50 per day depending what you need and a couple of entrepreneurs could easily base a new micro enterprise around the unit making hats or handbags etc.

Finally our other amazing find has been a 1940s mangle which is just perfect for remooving all the water from the felt and whats more you can just see our biomass boiler down the end of the unit to keep us all snug and the state of the are compost loo.

4 comments:

Blu said...

cant wait to see what you make with the felt.

hen said...

Lordy Val! That's amazing, it looks fantastic! Good luck with your first weekend, I've no doubt it'll be a huge success.

The Shepton Witch said...

Looks wonderful! Sadly, I'm going to be in London on the 15th but is there somewhere I can find out when you are running other days, as I'd love to come along?

I hope your first day goes really well!

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

It all looks fantastic! I love the mangle that is in the background, I used to spend hours with my Mum feeding the clothes in and me turning the handle.

I also hope it all goes very well indeed.

Blessings