Sunday, November 19, 2006


A great weekend! I spent all day Saturday and Sunday as a demonstrator of crafts at the Rural Living Show in Taunton. I sold quite a bit of wool, sari silk and several pegloom rugs and lambskins. I also took orders for fleeces, courses and even an order for some dyed wool for tying fish flys! Many people were interested in ordering pegloom rugs and I hope these become a reality. I chatted to so many people and renewed aquaintance with some I had not seen for years, all in all very enjoyable. I also met the mayor and mayoress.....!

Hedgelaying is now in full swing and we have several courses in the pipeline. The first of which is hedgelaying for beginners on the 15th January. If you want to come on theis course its £35 for the day..........very good value, even if I say so myself.
The pictures are of a Blackdown Hills hedge and from a hedgelaying course held for contractors last year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In Hungary similar hedges are made with living honey locust (Gleditsia triacanthos) trees as post. Two parallel rows are planted and trees are pruned at a given height every year. Cut branches and twigs are then filled in between the rows